The prayer team provide support during services for prayer; organise prayer and praise evenings; run prayer triplets; organise an confidential and internal prayer chain within the church body; support other events within the church; and organise events training in prayer skills.
Team members: Karen Challenger, Carolynne Gillard, Caryl Gill, Alan Harris, Pam Jenkins, Barbara Yorwerth.
- The Prayer Ministry has been blessed and challenged as they have prayed and encouraged many people from the congregation during the past year. The Prayer Corner is being used more frequently and prayer is also offered in the evening service.
- On Wednesdays after the Traditional morning service there is also the opportunity to pray with those that request prayer. Karen, Carolynne and Barbara take charge of this. They also try and talk to the folk at the Luncheon Club, many of whom don’t go to church, and encourage them to request prayer by writing down their prayer requests and these are prayed over by the prayer team.
- One Prayer and Praise evening was organised and the Pastor organised a Holy Spirit evening which was very well attended.
- The prayer triplets have continued to function. This ministry is undergoing a complete review at the moment.
- We also tried to reflect on 2015 by thanking God for His goodness during the year.
- There have also been opportunities for prayer at the Porthcawl Carnival and the Holiday Bible Club last summer.
- The Prayer Chain has continued to function under Caryl’s supervision with Alan Harris taking over in Caryl’s absence.
- We are trying or organise a Saturday morning workshop on Listening Skills related to the prayer ministry.
We will go on praying and trust that God will pour out his blessing on us.
“You are at the beginning of a new year
A new chapter of your life is opening.
At present the pages are blank,
But give God the pen and
He will write on every
New page of your life.”
Let’s pray for our world and for those who are suffering and who have lost loved ones in these disasters.
Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. Psalm 95: 1-2