The Church mission statement poses a particular challenge for the Communications Ministry Team, challenging us, as it does, to ‘make Him better known’.
Our principal communication channels – this web site, the Weekly News Sheet and regular advertisements in the local media – all contribute to the church’s work to ‘make Him better known’ both within the fellowship as well as with the community in which we live.
The Gilgal website is updated regularly and the weekly news sheet; special announcements and activities, testimonies and the morning and evening sermons are all available on-line.
Gilgal also has its own group section on Facebook for those people who use that on-line networking site.
Team Members: Jason Elliott, Leanne Evans, Caryl Gill, Barbara Irwin, Ed Lewis, Steve Lock, Elaine Winstanley
What we did in 2015:
- Continued to develop the website, both for the information of members and regular attendees and to attract new people to come along to our church.
- Established the Communications Team financial projection for the year in order that requirements can be considered within the overall church budget.
- Continued to publish the Gilgal Magazine which we believe has become an effective outreach tool and draw people to our church.
- Supported the other ministry teams with any advertising requirements for which they require assistance.
- Supported the Worship ministry team in their endeavour to acquire an efficient and effective sound system.
- Continued to publish the Gilgal news sheet which provides an excellent overview of Gilgal church life.
What we plan to do in 2016:
- Enhance the website, possibly giving it a new name, and to raise the prayer profile. Also to progress the Facebook page.
- Continue to regularly publish the Church Magazine and News Sheet.
- Continue to support the other ministry teams with any advertising requirements for which they need assistance.
- Update and re-cover the notice boards, ensuring they are labelled with names of the individual ministry teams.
- Produce a welcome pack containing information about our church and activities, for supply to visitors and those interested in knowing more about Gilgal.
- Commence preparation for Gilgal’s 150th Anniversary celebrations in 2022 and create a commemorative booklet with information on the church over the years, researching available archive information and interviewing church members.